6/26/09

SR stuff

Waiting on the chain and sprockets to arrive, and decided to do a little exhaust project. Now will be a great time, before final carb jetting is done. I like the stock muffler, but it is a bit heavy, long, and I'm not really a LOUD exhaust guy, but this thing is too quiet for me. So, I'm using the front stock muffler from my Sportster. This was removed in 2003 with just a few hundred miles use, and has been sitting since. The stock SR muffler weighs over 11 pounds, and the Sportster muffler under 6, so a decent 5 pound savings. The hanger is in the perfect location, and I'll just need to get a short piece to connect it to the header.

SR500 muffler on the top. It's huge!

Baffle plug punched out! It should look and perform nicely. Pics to come when installed!

No comments: