9/6/09

SR

The XJ750 Seca I bought for parts a while back had a new set of Kenda tires on it the correct size, so I decided to spoon them on the SR500, to replace the awful Cheng Shins that were on it when I bought it. I also used the left front disc. Mine was looking a bit ragged, and the XJ part is lighter weight. I have EBC pads and fork seals on the way, so might tackle that next weekend. The XJ is a dual disc setup, and I thought of getting an XS650 right side caliper since the SR has lugs on the right leg, but think I'll stay with a single disc to save rotating/unsprung weight.

5 pounds 5 ounces for the SR, and 4 pounds 9 ounces for the XJ.


2 comments:

Chris Saddler Sam said...

nooooooooo..
come on!
try the dual disc!

try to put them on..and drive it!
maybe u like it!
;)

Joe C said...

I do think the duals would look cool.