9/13/09

SR500 work

I did decide I'll just stay with a single brake up front, so shaved the caliper mounts on the right side. Here's the 90% cleaned up right side with the left. A bit of work and they'll both look like a brand new part. The fork tubes and internals are in very nice shape, so just a good cleaning and new seals is all that's needed. The steering bearings are very notchy, so I'm going to go with a tapered bearing replacement. It wasn't apparent how bad they were until the forks were off.

Here's the T250 Hustler fender baking in the sun. I gave it a light sandblasting, etching primer, and shot it with some silver I had. Someday when the bikes gets a complete re-do it'll get a proper paint job, or maybe re-chromed. The external bracing is what I really like about it.

No comments: