7/8/10

garage stuff

I've been going through the XS650 I bought a couple of weekends ago, and am really happy with it so far. The only real hang up I've found is that it needs new cam chain guides. The guides tend to become brittle with age, and break up. It's really amazing they last 30+ years in that environment anyway. The engine will need to come out to remove the top end to replace them, which isn't a big deal in itself, but can lead to the "while I'm in there" syndrome, and cause a small project to turn into a big one. Like, do I sand blast and paint the frame while the engine is out? Go into the bottom end? I'm trying to keep it simple. We'll see.

Here's the bits you'll find in the sump and oil filters when the guides fall apart.
000_0431
Making slow progress on the XT500. The chassis stuff is almost done, so next wiring, control, body and then get it running.
000_0441

1 comment:

Gymi said...

Looking Good!!!