6/21/11

XT stuff

I've been doing some more work on my yard sale find XT500. The plan was to make a no frills road bike. Basically just a stripped down stock XT, but set up just for pavement use. I'd made a few missteps along the way, like going with mag wheels and disc brakes front and rear, when it's really better off with a drum rear and spoke wheels. I'd looked at several seat options, including using an old GS750 rear cowl, but I'm going to use a stock seat.

As I got it...
101_6982
...and this afternoon.
100_4686
I'm going to recover this stock XT seat. The stock rear fender I don't care for though, so I went through the parts stash and found this one I like. It's from an old Yamaha Maxim, and is a nice fit on the XT. I'll make a tag and light mount for it, and it'll be painted white. There's a new VM carb and some other stuff on the way also, so I should be making good progress on the bike.

4 comments:

motoguru. said...

so far, so good! keeping it minimal is key.

Gymi said...

I'm liking the resto-mod motard look.

Luke Inazuma said...

Bella!
Keep going mate!

Joe C said...

Thanks!