11/27/11

TC90 Blazer part 2

I've been getting some more work done on the little TC90. Down to the bare frame now, and ready to clean up, here sitting on my shop porch. It is a rainy day anyway, so a good time to do it.
100_6619

It is in about as nice of shape as you'll see for being 40 years old. I first hit it with the pressure washer to knock off the big stuff, then scrub with hot soapy water, then the pressure washer again. I'll touch up any bad spots in the paint after it completely dries.100_6623
The skid plate doubles as a perfect work stand for the engine. I've got a complete seal kit on the way. I'm hoping the engine won't need much more than the new seals and a good clean-up, but I'll have to see. Sometimes the crank bearings can be rusty on a 2 stroke that has sat, since they aren't bathed in oil like a 4 stroke.
100_6630
Looking for some ideas and inspiration I found a couple Suzuki 90cc racers. The first photo is a 1970 TS90 TT racer from a Flickr member. He has some excellent vintage race photos, and click the pic to see them.
1970 Suzuki TS90 at Adelanto Raceway
Here's another TS90 racer project from Youtube. I might have to see if a can find a low chamber like these two bikes, but plan on just using the stock high pipe.

No comments: