9/20/12

'79 Special

After looking at it more I decided to go ahead with a few mods to go along with the new seat. I fitted a '69 DS6C front fender. It has different style mounts, so I cut off the bottom mount tabs and welded on new mounts. Other than that it just needed spread slightly. Being rusty, it will need sandblasted and painted.
100_7135

The stock '75 tail light and bracket were too big, and would point the light up at an angle if used on the shortened fender, but I also wanted to keep an OEM look to the bike. I cut up the stock bracket and made a roughly 2/3 scale version with a Lucas style lens, and everything at the right angles.
100_7161

I just need to do some minor finish work and paint it. It gives the bike a neat roadster look. I have to get the '75 XS cafe' sheet metal painted first, so I'm going to put the original fenders on tank back on for the time being.
100_7158

100_7168

No comments: