4/2/13

XS650 project

I'm getting closer to having the '75 riding, so took some time to set some of the bodywork in place and see if there are any changes to make before finishing.

The first thing I noticed is the area where the seat meets the tank. I'd seen this in mock-up, but it didn't stand out as much. The seat upholstery will come down over the sides of the seat pan, so this will be an easy fix to correct the body line. I'd thought of doing the white and red Yamaha racing colors, and I'm thinking of it again. The silver is just a spray can paint job, so not a big deal if I decide to redo it. I'll probably get it running first even if a decide to re-paint.

Much of what I like about it stems from it being more of a 'resto-mod' project and also a low budget project. Overall I couldn't be happier with it so far. 100_9501

100_9509

No comments: