5/19/13

XS650 project

The plan for the upholstery was to learn to use a sewing machine and do a nice cover for the seat over the winter, but that didn't happen. At this point I'm just wanting to ride it, so it is just going to be a quick vinyl wrap job.
100_9932

I'm using short aluminum pop rivets with washers to secure the vinyl.
100_9921

These work great with the fiberglass pan.
100_9957

I cut and sewed the corners by hand.
100_9960

It is a bit crude, but it is a place to sit.
100_9958

I think is is going to be fairly comfortable. For sure I'll do a better cover next winter, but this will do for now.
100_9967

The front fender is off for another coat of paint. I've got install the petcock and some other small things and it'll be ready for a test ride. I was concerned about the area where the tank and seat base meet, but shimmed the rear tank mount and I'm happy with it.
100_9964

1 comment:

Chris & Julie said...

looks nice- I also intended to spend some time on a seat over the winter but changed my mind so much about the direction of the build I didn't have a clear direction on what king of seat to make