6/3/13

XS650 Special project

I think I finally nailed down the direction of the '79. I'm going to use the '71 CT-1 tank that I'd decided not to use on the SR last year, and the seat will be the $10 swap meet seat I picked up last March. I didn't know what it was from at the time, but looked around on ebay and found it is from a '72-'73 Kawasaki G5. It is a nice fit on the XS frame and with the CT tank. It will get spokes with an 18" rear drum swap. I'm thinking a set of Gordon Scott high pipes eventually to finish it off.

The tank and seat are just sitting in place here, but roughly where they'll end up. I'd test fit a larger RT tank awhile back, but it would require major work to fit low on the frame since it has a much narrower tunnel than the CT tank. With this tank I'll still need to make narrower top engine mounts.
101_0344

101_0341

No comments: