8/31/14

DT1 MX project

The head pipe was just slightly too large to fit the DT manifold, so I made four cuts, shrunk it, and welded the cuts. The silver paint was just to mark how far it needed to go when fully seated in the manifold.
100_9473

Here it is fitted to the bike. I love it. I had taped the front fender in place to make sure the exhaust would clear it. I need to weld on the spring tabs, and I'll likely buy an aftermarket silencer/spark arrestor. In case you are wondering, the gold handlebars are just for mock-up, and won't be used on the finished bike.
100_9509

100_9506

I need to do some work on the rear fender. It is for a later year DT, so I have to modify the rear mounts so it clears the frame, and also make a patch panel to fix where the tail light use to mount. I looks like it got ripped off at some point.
100_9499

No comments: