The shock mounts on the Radian swingarm need moved in to fit the XS650.
Here is the new position. Cut, fit, clamp and weld.
A got a 20mm '72 CB750 rear axle to fit the XS650 rear wheel. It is about 6mm longer than the Radian axle. I might have to use an extra washer or two, but looks like it'll work fine.
I used masking tape to mark, and then a die grinder to remove 1.5mm from the top and bottom of the axle slots in the swingarm. I still need to drill out the adjusters.
Next was to sand blast the swingarm and frame to get them ready for paint.
I'm using Dupli-Color self etching primer and black caliper paint.
They came out great. We've been having some very mild weather for December, which I took advantage of.