I had to go through and sort my bike and parts score from last weekend. There is a bunch of parts I needed for my RT1 project. The RT3 had a nice wiring harness, and most of the other parts I need to finish it like headlight and ears, airbox, battery box, brake pedal and rod, rear brake stay, carburetor, footpeg bar, tail light, gauges, and a few other things.
I also took a look at the '71 250 and '73 360 engines. Both still have the Autolube oil pumps, no signs of any internal water damage, and look like great rebuild candidates.
The '71 DT1 engine is still a standard bore. This engine had pretty much zero compression, so I was happy to see there wasn't anything too bad, but just a worn top end.
I put the '71 parts together on the '71 frame. The front fender is an early aluminum DT1 part that I'd got for $10 at the last Boone County swap meet. I'm really excited about this bike, and will probably do it just like it is here. A guy would take the gauges and lights off, swing the headlight ears in and bolt them together, throw a knobby on the back, and head to the desert. So simple and so right. I'm tempted to just rebuild the engine and get the bike mechanically sorted, but otherwise mostly just clean it up.
I also put the RT3 parts into a roller. Not sure what will become of this one yet, but it's plenty of bike to do a project with.